Casbin is an authorization library with many languages implementations, so long as you are good at one language, you can participate in the development of Casbin. New contributors are always welcomed.
Currently, there are mainly two types of projects.
- Algorithms oriented——First kind of projects are algorithms related projects for differente language implementations, include most of the mainstream programming languages ranging from Golang, Java, C++ to Exilir, Dart and Rust, and their peripheral products.
- Application oriented——Second kind of projects are application related projects.
|Casbin Editor||Casbin Editor||Casbin-editor is a web-based Casbin model and policy editor||TypeScript + React|
There are many ways to contribute to Casbin, here are some ideas to get started:
- Use Casbin and report issues! When using Casbin, report issues to promote development of Casbin, no matter bugs or proposal. Before file an issue on GitHub, it would be better to disccuss first on Gitter, Casbin Forum, Google group or QQ group: 546057381
- Help with docs! Contributing start from docs are a good choice to start your contribution.
- Help solve issues! We prepare a table containing easy tasks suitable for beginner, check the table here
Casbin uses GitHub as its developing platform. So the pull requests are the main source of contributions.
There are something you might need to know before you open a pull request:
- Explan why you send this PR and what this PR would do to the repo.
- Make sure the PR does only one thing, otherwise please split it.
- If there are newly added files, please include Casbin license to the top of new file(s).
- In Casdoor, Casnode and Casbin OA, your might need to setup demo to show the maintainer your pull request help the development of project.
- When you open PR and commit your contribution, it would be better to use the semantic commits, format:
<scope>is optional. For more detailed usage, please see conventional commit
By contributing to Casbin, you agree that your contributions will be licensed under its Apache License.